Tuesday, September 27, 2011

What is the best value for a hand held GPS for outdoor hiking?

I am in the market to purchase a hand held GPS system. I am interested in the Garmin eTrex Venture Cx, but I seek other opinions. Which brand and model have worked well for you?|||The three top picks in Backpacker Magazine's gear guide issue which arrived today include the Garmin eTrax Venture Cx $286, Garmin GPSmap 60CSx $538 and stripped down CS version $482, and the Magellan eXplorist XL $400. The latter two worked well in canyons and timber, while the first one drops to 125 foot radius precision in those areas.|||Garmin e-trex legend. Very basic, practical, easy to use. At a fair price|||I use the Garmin 60C which is now discontinued but the new version the 60csx would be a great all around gps. I use mine for backpacking, kayaking, snowboarding and mountain biking. Rugged design, water proof, shockproof.

No comments:

Post a Comment