Friday, September 23, 2011

How do the GPS capabilities of new mobile phones compare to the GPS models by Garmin, TomTom, etc?

For example, compared to the Garmin Nuvi series, or something similar. Is it like comparing apples to oranges?





Can some phones be used as car navigation? How good are they at pedestrian navigation?





I'm considering buying a GPS, probably a Garmin Nuvi 750, but if my next cell phone might fulfill the same duties, maybe I won't.





Thanks for any information or advice!|||Phones can be used for car navigation but they are not as accurate as a stand alone device like the Nuvi. Another drawback is the small screen. Nothing beats a dedicated navigation device. Buy the Nuvi.|||the phone navigations are kinda cool but can be hard to read especially if your screen is small. In my opinion nothing compares to having a navi for your car ... i have a tom tom and love it. its hard to hold a phone with navigation and drive and look at a screen.





www.gpsupdate.net|||I have an Apple iphone 3G and it has a GPS system that is identical to that of a Garmin or TomTom GPS. A couple drawbacks, my iphone doesn't project audio when giving me directions like a regular car GPS does and there is no way to efficiently use it when driving unless my wife does the directions on it before hand.





Also, if when you're buying anything electronic online. My wife found this free online shopping widget and so far we have saved a lot of money using it to shop online. You can get it free here: https://netadvantage.wufoo.com/forms/dow鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment