Sunday, September 18, 2011

Is it possible to use a GPS enabled cell phone as a bluetooth GPS dongle for a laptop?

I have a Samsung Omnia i910 (Verizon Omnia) which has built-in GPS that I use with google maps and whatnot on the phone. Can I use the phone via bluetooth or USB as a GPS device for my laptop running Windows 7 so I can effectively have GPS on my laptop?|||Yes http://forum.gpsgate.com/topic.asp?TOPIC鈥?/a>


But this one is the best http://users.skynet.be/hofinger/GPS2Blue鈥?/a>


as it says 3. "Use your PDA as external GPS


Redirect GPS data to your laptop/desktop PC:


via bluetooth (for bluetooth PDA).


via TCP/IP (TCP/IP over USB, GPRS or WiFi). You can create, on your PC, virtual COM ports from TCP/IP with HW VSP.


Enjoy your GPS on a big screen.


Works in NMEA, Raw and SiRF mode.


Compatibility with GPS intermediate driver (i.e.: redirect while another GPS application is running or works standalone).


Display GPS status if GID used.


Bidirectional (you can for example configure your SiRF based GPS PDA with SiRFDemo directly from your laptop/desktop PC).


Option to turn off PDA's powersaving. "

No comments:

Post a Comment