Friday, September 23, 2011

How do you charge a car gps system if you don't have a cigarette lighter or power outlet?

I'm thinking of buying a gps navigator and my car doesn't have a way to charge it. I don't see AC chargers on the advertisements.|||you can go to radioshack and get a cigarette lighter outlet and wire it in to you fuse box. or buy an AC/ DC converter and charge it in you house using the AC outlet|||There are AC chargers for most GPS units. Search online for one for the GPS you're thinking of buying, or choose a GPS you can find an AC charger for. For example you can find a variety of AC chargers for Magellan units: http://www.gpsgeek.com/browse/gilsson-gp鈥?/a>





You could also look into adding a lighter power outlet to your car, a very simple modification.|||You could try buying the RightWay 430, I have it cause I have no cigarette lighter in my car, it comes with an ac adapter and has a battery life of around 4 hours in full use. Predictive text and all that, pretty high specs all round.





Hope this helps

No comments:

Post a Comment