Tuesday, September 27, 2011

How do you turn off the annoying beeping sound of a Toyota Highlander GPS?

When I touch the GPS screen, every single time the frickin thing beeps!!! I need to know how to turn it off so I can have some peace and don't annoy everyone.|||Hi,





I'm going to go by memory, I'm not sitting in front of the touch screen right now. Also, you don't mention which year your Highlander is, but this works for either generation.





Below your touch screen, there will be MENU and INFO buttons. These adjust the navi system's basic settings. Pressing them will get you into the screens that allow you to turn on/off the voice guidance, voice commands, beeps when a button is pressed- several sounds the GPS makes. Simply scroll through the various screens and turn off what you don't want on.





You can turn off the beep and leave the voice guidance on, if you want, they are under different settings.





I honestly can't remember if the MENU or INFO button will get you to the series of screens to adjust your sounds (it's been too long since I've adjusted them), but it will be under one of those two button commands.





I know the navi manual reads like an encyclopedia, but it does list how to access the settings pages on the touch screen using those two buttons, if nothing else. Just look up MENU and INFO in the index.





Good luck.|||Thank you so much! I'm sure it will help a LOT.

Report Abuse

No comments:

Post a Comment