Friday, September 23, 2011

I need to charge my gps device while driving but my car does not have a cigarette lighter help?

My vehicle does not have a cigarette lighter outlet to plug into, and I need to charge a gps tom tom while I am on the road what do I do? Sure I could always charge from my usb port but the battery will eventually wear out and I take long road trips. Anyone have a solution if so much appreciated?|||You could install a lighter outlet without too much trouble. You should be able to get what you need at any auto parts store. Make sure you fuse it.|||try,your dvd plug,or the rear camera,plug maybe the hot and cold drink thingy ,and hey !! i don't smoke so why do i need a cigarette lighter in my car any way !|||Get a car with a cigarette lighter|||you could pick out a fuse in the fuse block under the dash board I would pick the dome light and put pig tail leads off one side of the fuse and ground the other wire and then cut the plug off tom tom and then hard wire it in. but wire it to the plug first to see if it works before cutting anything

No comments:

Post a Comment