Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Is it possible to obtain a subdermal GPS device for a human?

My uncle has fathered his first children and has been worrying lately about the possibility of being separated from them. He's asked me to look around the internet to see if I can come up with any information on where he might find someone who will implant a GPS device into his children. I'm coming up empty handed so I thought maybe you guys will have some more information for me.


Thanks!|||GPS isn't feasible for human usage just yet... the battery usage alone wouldn't make it feasible just yet unless there was a power charging port to plug the unit in.


Maybe it will be possible in the future, but it just can't work now. The closest thing we have is subdermal microchips that can identify an animal... so a vet or dog pound can scan the chip and have owner information (in case the ID tags fall off or something), but they have to get the scanner close to the chip as it doesn't send off a strong enough signal to detect it from far away. I hope this helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment